Across our entire network, we’re almost 2000 people strong – including permanent, part-time and casual team members.
The Kathmandu support office is based in Christchurch, New Zealand, and employs approximately 180 team members. Departments range from design to supply chain, marketing to finance, HR to store support, online and customer service to IT support. We also have a sister office in Melbourne employing around 65 people who work primarily in store design and development, online, retail operations and marketing.
Who are we?
Everything we do at Kathmandu flows from our philosophy of inspiring and enabling people to live their dreams of travel and adventure. Our guiding principles and beliefs capture the spirit, culture and attitude of our brand. Our company ethos is the foundation, and can be seen in every product we create, every team member we hire, and every customer we serve.
Kathmandu Core Purpose
To inspire adventure in everyone. Our brand and our products are all about encouraging everyone – and anyone – to get out there and get going.
- Integrity We conduct our business in an ethical and honest manner, and always strive to do the right thing
- Openness & Directness We act with transparency to create a productive environment that eliminates bureaucracy and encourages efficiency.
- Passion & Determination We love what we do, we believe in what we create, we go the extra mile and we get the job done.
- Resourcefulness We celebrate ingenuity and inventiveness. We encourage a ‘can-do’ attitude and a ‘hands-on’ approach.
- Love of Travel & Adventure This forms the heart and soul of Kathmandu. All our daily business revolves around travel and adventure.
- Environmental Action We believe in protecting the outdoors and are committed to minimising our environmental footprint.